Monday, September 15, 2008

Screen Capture


In this screen capture I am working on activity one. The capture shows that I have ctools, google, and word document up. The hidden page is myspace and you can hardly see but msn is hidden as well on the bottom right corner by the time. Activity one was not the hardest composition that i have had to work on ever but this week it was the that has took more time.
I will say that I am very easily distracted when im doing anything. I can not just sit still for more than an hour or so and stare at the same document page all day. If Im online I usually tend to browse away from the work and surf the web. Most of the time I'll have my myspace up and my msn to distract myself from the work. Everyone can use breaks in between it is only fair.

In digital spaces composing has become much easier. People find that working on a composition in the digital form instead of by hand is a lot more efficient and easier to accomplish. Practically everything is at your hands in the digital form. Grammar tools on word documents make composing easier and limit the amount of errors in ones composition. Technology gives you faster results instead of having to go to a library and find some type of research you can have it on your screen within minutes. In todays society practically everything revolves around the web. Whether your emailing each other about an assignment, posting homework, or just using it as a means of communication it is becoming part of the everyday norm.

3 comments:

Colin LaVine said...

Very interesting screenshot. I also tend to have a social interaction(such as AIM or myspace) tool minimized on my screen.

I agree with your that we, as humans, prefer to use digital working spaces over conventional composing techniques.

Ian said...

I agree. The internet is an easy tool to use, but it can also distract us from our work.

Klaus said...

While I agree with the previous two comments, I find that personally, I prefer the old fashioned method of pen and paper to writing in a digital space. I tend to become immersed in my writing and removing myself from web-based distractions helps me put more of myself into a composition.